Watch a 3-minute film about the report’s findings and predictionsThe media is playing a more critical role than ever in making end-customer audiences aware of event, shaping their thinking and requirements as a result. As a result, it is vital that investment industry businesses are aware of the media agendas and what is coming up on the horizon in order to plan for the future and position themselves at the forefront of those topics of most importance to underlying clients.
It is this premise that forms the basis of JPES Partners’ sixth Asset Management Report – The Asset Management Agenda 2020 – where we have conducted comprehensive research across global English-speaking media titles (including national and international press, specialist trade publications and newswires) to identify those themes trending upwards in the media and therefore likely to drive agendas in 2020. In parallel, we have also sought the views of leading journalists to gain a clear sense of what topics they expect to be most prominent in the year ahead.
- The investment industry remains behind the curve on diversity and inclusion, with increased focus and scrutiny expected to ensure it is meeting best practice principles
- A continued emphasis on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), but with a greater focus on tangible solutions that address specific issues, particularly challenges resulting from climate change
- Substantial evolutions in asset management business, investment and communication practices in response to generational change and the requirements of a new client base of millennials
- The impact of upcoming elections in shaping the geopolitical ecosystem and ensuring either a continuation or rejection of the isolationism that has shaped markets, the global economy and international engagement over recent years
- Changing requirements and pressures on asset managers as a result of concerns over liquidity in markets, exacerbated by recent controversies, fund suspensions and closures