It is this premise that forms the basis of JPES Partners’ third asset management industry report. We have conducted comprehensive research across English-speaking national titles, specialist trade publications and newswires to identify those topics that have trended upwards in the media in the last year and will likely continue to drive agendas in 2017. In parallel, we have also sought the views of leading journalists to gain a clear sense of what topics they expect to be most prominent in the year ahead.
- Geopolitical risk is the single most important issue likely to drive news agendas
- The longstanding debate between active / passive management styles has evolved, with a greater focus on how active can justify itself in comparison to smart beta
- Scrutiny of asset management practices is increasing, with much greater attention being placed on regulation and fees
- Accountability remains a key issue for the industry, with managers having to do more to explain their place in the world
- ESG has now fully entered the investment mainstream and is a key consideration practitioners, investors and even governments
- Technology continues to be an important area of focus and disrupter for the investment industry
For more information contact Matt Rogers.