A cookie is a small file which requests permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. If you agree to add the cookie, it helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies also enable websites to respond to you as an individual, by tailoring its operations to your requirements, by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
When you visit our website, certain information can be automatically collected including your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address; the domain from which you access the Internet; the website address from which you came to our site; the date and time you arrived at our site and how long you spent there; your computer’s operating system and browser; and the pages you visited.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. When you browse through our site, read pages, or download information, we may collect certain information to measure how many visitors come to the different parts of the site so we can make the site more useful.
Information you supply to us
Certain parts of our website may require you to enter your name and contact details in order to access information. We may use this personal information for the following purposes:
1. to improve our products and services
2. to make parts of the website easier to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once;
3. for other reasonable purposes, always acting within the limits of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
You can choose to opt-out of any marketing related communications by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Unsubscribe’ in the subject line.
If you would prefer your personal information not to be shared with other partners, you can contact us on the email address provided below.
Information we collect
In addition to collecting information via our website, we also collect basic personal information such as names, job titles and contact information including phone numbers and email addresses. We may collect this information directly through registrations for our events, the exchange of business cards or enquiries emailed directly to us. We may also collect this information indirectly through data provided to media subscription services and our social media channels.
We only collect basic personal data from journalists or industry professionals that we would need in order to provide relevant information to them. We believe in and carry out a policy of data minimisation. JPES Partners holds no sensitive data on journalists (eg religious views, health history or criminal records).
We collect, store and handle the basic personal information of both journalists and our clients for our legitimate interest in contacting relevant journalists who write about the companies we represent.
This information may be used in the following ways:
1. to call or return a call from a journalist following an enquiry
2. to proactively contact journalists on behalf of clients regarding press releases, invitations to meet spokespeople or attend their events
3. to introduce spokespeople to a relevant journalist
4. to contact relevant people for our own events, newsletters and other information which we believe they may find relevant to their jobs
5. to contact relevant people for market research purposes relevant to their position
How long do we hold this data
We continually review lists of journalists to ensure they are up-to-date. If a journalist leaves the world of journalism or changes beat to a new industry in which we do not represent any clients, we remove all personal data relating to that journalist from our lists.
What are your rights in relation to the personal information that we hold?
You have the right to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee; the right to ask us to update or correct any incorrect information; the right to object to the processing of personal data and the right to erasure of any personal data; the right to data portability; and the right to opt-out of any marketing communications that we may send you. We would usually have one month to respond to such a request. If the request is particularly complex, we may require an additional two months. We may also charge for administrative time in dealing with any excessive request for access.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, or raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, please write to us at email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal information accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at: https://ico.org.uk/ or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Links to other websites
For your easy accessibility JPES Partners may include links to sites on the Internet that are owned or operated by third parties. Please note that JPES Partners has no control over the content of third party sites and cannot assume any responsibility for material created or published or for the privacy policies of third-party sites.
- This is the website of JPES Partners.
- Postal address: 4 Coldbath Square, London, EC1R 5HL.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0)20 7520 7620.
- Company registration: 6573672.
- To make our website work quickly and effectively
- To remember certain settings if you visit our site on future occasions
- To improve the security of our website
- To allow you to share pages with social media sites
- To give us information about how people use our site so we can improve our services and
- offerings to you as a potential customer.
- To get any personal, financial and/or sensitive information about you without your explicit permission
- To transfer data to advertising networks
- To transfer personally identifiable data about you to third parties
- To pay sales commissions to third parties
What cookies are we storing?
- Remembering your search settings
- Allowing you to add comments to posts on our site
- Third party functionality including Google services like Translation and Maps
- Social Sharing cookies that enable you to share our pages on social media websites
- Visitor and Usage Statistics (see Google Analytics below)
Our website is built using a CMS (content management system) and this requires cookies to be stored in order to enable basic user interactions to work correctly such as remembering registered user log-ins and other site features. We deem these functions as being necessary to the working of certain areas of the website. If you choose to disable this cookie then various functionality on the site will not work as expected.
You can read more about session cookies and what they are used for at:
Third party cookies
We use the services of external software and websites in order to improve the functionality and interactivity of this site.
This type of cookie includes social sharing functions (i.e. buttons allowing you to share pages on this site on social networking sites) and newsletter sign-up forms.
In order to make these functions work, and connect them to the relevant third party sites, there are scripts and code from domains outside of our website. You should be aware that these sites may well collect and store information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on this website.
If the settings on your web browser are currently adjusted to allow cookies to be stored and you continue to use this website without changing your settings to prevent this site from storing cookies then we take this to mean that you agree with and give us permission to carry on doing so.
Stopping us storing cookies
If you do not wish to store cookies from this website on your computer you can set your browser to reject and/or delete the cookies that our website requests to store. You can normally find out how to do this by choosing the Help menu in your browser to find instructions. If you do choose to reject cookies from our website, we cannot guarantee that this site will work as well as it is intended, function correctly, and be as quick and easy to use.
Requesting further information about our cookie usage
We like to be as clear about cookies on this website as possible and would be happy to discuss our cookie usage with you. Please get in touch if you require further information.
You can also read more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org which also gives your more information about how to delete cookies from your computer.